The Results of the First Ever Iowa Caucus Guy Poll

Polling could be a cottage industry in these parts.

As I mentioned before, it's such a hook, that people are already running 2024 numbers.

The December news was the fall of Elizabeth Warren in Iowa, and the emergence of Pete Buttigieg.  Equally, it is reported that Joe Biden is also a possible leader.  Less noticeable is the consistency of Bernie Sanders to be near the top.

The common consensus has been the CBS News poll is right and it is a three-man race.  That said, I don't feel like Warren should be wrote off just yet.

Still, there is an element of guess work, right? Biden has polled as low as 15% and as high as 23% in December.  Buttigieg is at 18%-24%, and Warren could be anywhere from 12% up to 18%.

In which case, I am starting my own Iowa Caucus Poll.  Why not?  Everyone else is.  So, here goes...

We will open it up for questions, now..

What is your methodology?

Well, as I drive around Iowa, I am going to look for yard signs, and count them.

That is your methodology?  Sounds terribly unscientific.

Oh, yeah.   It totally is not scientific at all.

Doesn't that open up all kind of problems?

Oh, totally.  I am definitely not going to make it everywhere in Iowa.  Heck, I will be lucky to get to every part of Des Moines.

Well, looking for yard signs while driving, you might miss some?

I know, I am also usually eating, smoking, fixing my hair, Facetiming, buying and selling stocks, scanning radio stations, and catnapping while I drive, too.  Also, my eyesight is failing.  So, yeah, I will miss one or two.

I think the idea just sound like garbage.  People without Yard Signs go to caucuses too.

True, but at the end of the day the people who caucus are the hardcore of the hardcore, and what better sign that you are dedicated than by putting up a yard sign.  Besides, every analyst will tell you that the only people who count in polls are those that will show up on Caucus Night.  It is February in Iowa.  People might stay at home if the roads are icy or snow is piled up or its ten below zero.  I am counting on 'Yard Sign Guy' to make it, though.

Alright, you convinced us.  Give us those results then. 

Here goes:

Buttigieg 50%
Warren 25%
Sanders 10%
Klobuchar, Bennet, Biden  5%

As mentioned above, there are plenty of reasons why this data doesn't mean anything.

But, like, what if it does, man?


I do know that there has been a smattering of Tulsi signs around the metro that I didn't get counted, and heck, I will keep an eye out and see if the numbers change.  I mean, I am the Iowa Caucus Guy after all.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#VoteYerMusic: Robert Ardini

Spring 2023: GOP Iowa Caucus Winners and Losers

So You Wanna Be a Rock N Roll Star (Part 1)