VoteYerMusic: Ella Hall

 I started the VoteYerMusic project as a quick and fun idea to ask Presidential candidates what kind of music they liked.

There's two reasons right?  Music is universal.  I believe this.  Give musicians Mike Huckabee and Pete Buttigieg a couple of instruments and they will bond.  The second reason is that Leaders should be accessible.  I can understand that Leaders may get a lot of requests, but if they can't take time for an easy question, what does that say about some of the real concerns.

I questioned many candidates during Primary season and was pleased by the response.  While many campaigns stopped this Spring, the ideas of these candidates are out in the public discussion.  Some of these candidates have launched new endeavours.  (Dan Behrman is running for Governor of Texas, Keenan Wallace Dunham is running for Senate in North Carolina.)  

As a process, VoteYerMusic has been a vehicle for candidates without a Mass Media presence  2020 presents an extra challenge, more than usual.  The idea of a candidate travelling from state to state with as man public appearances as possible might not work this year.

I have reached out to a dozen Presidential campaigns that are making a run at the General Election.  I asked candidates not necessarily if I agreed with them, but if they showed the attributes of a serious campaign.  I had heard complaints on the web of even some of the larger Third Party candidates are not terribly responsive.

A candidate that did respond was Ella Hall, running for President as a write-in candidate from the state of South Carolina.  


Hall entered my radar on June 7 in the Des Moines Register with a platform of creating jobs, cutting corporate tax, and increasing the minimum wage.


Like so many Americans, Hall has a platform that can appeal to both sides of the aisles.  On social issues, she often references her belief in God, but is quick to call out Donald Trump for hypocrisy.  Her pro-life stance would put her at odds with many people in the Democratic Party.  However, some of her views may be more left-leaning (a living minimum wage, an improved Medicare for All plan) and some are pragmatic (balanced budget, tax reform).  In many ways, she cannot be easily aligned with Trump or Biden, but I suspect her beliefs are in line with many Americans.

Additionally, as someone with decades of experience in Nursing, she is ready to take on the pandemic.

But, I would probably just be better served to let her say it. (Note: my communication with Hall predates Biden's decision to name Kamala Harris as his running mate)


I'm still hopeful that I will be successful in either being President, or Vice President elect in November. In that I am a retired RN, I have a viable plan to end COVID19 within a 3 month period, and I contacted the Biden Campaign informing them that I have a plan to eradicate COVID19, but I have not heard from them. I also informed the Biden Campaign of my need to be Joe Biden's VP so that COVID19 could be eradicated.

b. I would ask that all of your blog followers visit my campaign website, and if they agree with my Plans, that they Sign The Petition. Signing the Petition will give me leverage to get on the ballots as a write in candidate for the November election. We are all tired of this COVID19, and I am ready to get rid of it.  

  If  you are interested in hearing more, you can check out her blogpost titled Ella Hall is Your Ultimate Alternative to Donald Trump and Joe Biden  Also, check out her website and sign her petition to put country over party.

 As for music, Ella likes Contemporary Christian (and is a fan of KLOVE 89.7FM), as well as 1960s/70s Motown clean music, country music, as well as uplifting beach music.


We thank Ella for her response and time. 

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#VoteYerMusic: Robert Ardini

Spring 2023: GOP Iowa Caucus Winners and Losers

So You Wanna Be a Rock N Roll Star (Part 1)