Tulsi Stakes Her Ground



Hey, it’s the first campaign billboard of the season. Hey, with 20+ candidates, I am surprised it took this long.

Pretty basic and drawing attention to Tulsi’s military record (which seems to be one of the reasons people like Mayor Pete).

I don’t remember a paid billboard since Jeb! bought one on an electronic rotating display up the street. I don’t mean to bring that up to point out the seeming futility of the situation of buying ad space and it being ineffective, but...

I do occasionally see an old Clinton-Kaine board on one of my alternate routes to work. Funny to see it, since even though I love this stuff, I am not exactly sure I could have told you who Clinton’s running mate was. I haven’t thought of Tim Kaine since 2016.

Tulsi isn’t popular with Dems but she is starting to show up in my social media interactions. She actually seems popular with those on the Right side of things. It goes back to what I have been saying about her and my suggestion she might look toward a Libertarian or Independent run, if she were so inclined.  Paste Magazine's Political Page calls here the only true anti-interventionist candidate.

In any case, there's not much Tulsi buzz, but I bet Jay inslee or Michael Bennet wish I was writing even half as many words about them as I am writing about Tulsi.  So, there you go.

Speaking of which here is a Bonus track: I would be lying if I said I was ever trying to be nonpartisan around here. While the GOP now has a contested race (with Bill Weld challenging Trump, the Republican Party of Iowa has stubbornly decided to make the Iowa Caucus a Yay or Nay confidence vote on Trump), the truth is the Democrats are where Primary action is. I would feel remiss not to mention a potential Libertarian candidate that a friend (who might be reading this) likes.

You would be quick to pigeonhole me as a Lefty but I have actually been all over the map in my electoral life. I doubt I would ever consider voting for some of the recent GOP slate, but I find a lot of integrity in some members of the Libertarian Party. I certainly gave some thought to voting for Gary Johnson or Evan McMullin in 2016.

In any case, my friend is watching Congressman Justin Amash closely and Amash is an interesting prospect.  In March, he made some comments which sounded like he would consider a run for President as Libertarian. The Libertarians have made real strides but they can’t run Gary Johnson a third time and it’s list of contenders aren’t particularly fresh anymore (John McAfee, Johnson and Weld, Larry Sharpe and possibly even Mitt Romney) so Amash may be the perfect remedy for them.  I just want to get it in writing now, in case it does happen, so keep an eye on Amash

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#VoteYerMusic: Robert Ardini

Spring 2023: GOP Iowa Caucus Winners and Losers

So You Wanna Be a Rock N Roll Star (Part 1)